CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Letter from Jed

I got a letter from Jed today that said:
I just remembered I should update my blog. So, here is an entry for you to put in.
Basic Training is definitely interesting. I have learned a lot. It is definitely a lot of hard, tiring work. The worst part is being away from everyone. But, I have done a lot of things I never would have. Like repel a 60 ft wall or climb down on a rope that's about 35 ft in the air at a steep slant coming down, crawl in dirty water and overcome obstacles. I passed my PT (physical training) test the other day, including running 2 miles in 15:07, which for me is awesome. I had to look twice at the clock when I got there. But, I was at 77% for sit-ups and 76% for the run. The push-ups are a different story but I passed that too, I was at a 52%.
The first phase, red phase, is almost done. We next head to white phase which gives us a little more control away from drill sargeants. You have no idea how excited I am for that. I was given the assignment of company guidon, which means I carry the company flag, so I stick out if I make a mistake in front of 250 plus people. Good thing I don't make mistakes!
Besides being hungry, tired, and every joint and muscles aches, basic is alright. Definitely looking forward to getting it done though. I never expected to be in the Army, and somedays I wonder why I did it. I do know that it has been good for me. It has tested every aspect of me, and is teaching me more about me, and what I can do. I hope I can translate that into a better me overall.

0 comments: