CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Deployment











I knew joing the Army that it was a possibility to deploy. I never excpected it to becomeing up so quickly. I have joined the HSC 615th Aviation division in the 1st Calvary at Ft. Hood, TX. The unit is awesome so far. Its so nice to be out of training. The onlproblem is we start deploying April 9th of this upcoming year. We are not sure where we are going yet. The rest of 1st cavary has been or is on close to going to Iraq but we could end up in Afganastan as well. I am not going to lie, I am a bit mixed on emotions. It is obvious the bad emotions, I think anyone would have going downrange. It will definitly not be an easy task that I have to accomplish. The upsides are there too though. I am excited for the oppurtinity to serve our country and defend our freedoms. The media has torn apart the Army in recent years and I don't think most people know the truth about what good the Army does and is still doing. Iraq is so much safer than it ever has been. The Iraqis love the soilders to them we bring them peace and protection. How bad would it be if we did actually have to worry about Terroist every single day of our lives. We don't because countrary to media beilf we are winning the war in Iraq. Then in Afganastan the Gernal of the Afgan Army was in my Command Saregent Majors office the other week. He was excstatic about all we have done. We have been trainig their army as well and they have made major improvements. In the Sargent Majors words, " The United States Army does not lose, we win wherever we go." It makes me mad to see people think we don't need to be over there and think we are losing the war. The opportuiunity to go over and heelp assist in continuing to win this was is partly what I am excited about. I am part of the greatest Armed Forces in the world. Though the road I am about to take will proably be the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I know that it will in the end make me a stronger and better person. I wish I didn't have to go of course, but my country needs me and has asked me to go. Your prayers and letters of encouragment will be greatly appreciatted. I love my God, my family, and my country.

0 comments: